Joining a group helps you become involved in your community. A group is a place for you to connect with people who share an interest. Groups can be about anything from human resources informational groups to after-work sports groups. People join a group to participate in discussions, keep track of the group-related documents, and remain aware of the group's activities.
There are four types of groups: open, members only, private, or secret. You can browse all open, members only, and private groups from the Places page to find groups of interest. Depending on how a group is set up, you may have to join it before you can collaborate on content in that group.
To join a group:
- Click Places in the main navigation.
- Select All in the left pane.
- Use the filtering options to find groups that interest you. For example, typeaccountingin the Filter by text area to find all accounting-related groups.
- Click the group title to open and look at the group. You won't see any secret groups here because you need a personal invitation to even know about secret groups.
- Open groups allow you to follow and participate in them without joining them. However, for members-only and private groups, you must join the group before being able to participate in them. After you Follow or Join a group, you'll see updates from that group in your attention streams.