Here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Fill out your profile - become part of the community.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your avatar and click "Edit Profile". Then add a profile photo.
- Update your profile privacy so that others can see your name. Under your personal menu, select Edit Profile > Privacy. Elect to make your name visible to other registered users. This is not required, just generally a good idea. You can also make your email visible if you'd like.
- Add pictures of yourself, your team, and where you work. Add some pictures of you and your dog while you're at it. We want to get to know you!
- Share your healthcare expertise and skills. You can add HealthStream product categories such as "HLC" or "HLC Admin" or "NRP Instructor" for example to make it easy for other people to find you. Or add your healthcare skills. if another user is looking to find out about patient experience or nurse residencies, for example, then they will know to talk to you if you've added those skills to your profile.
- Tell us what institution you are affiliated with.
2. Find your community and follow it.
- Everyone has a place where they belong. Go to https://communities.healthstream.com and find a discussion about healthcare best practices on topics such as compliance or resuscitation. Or find and share answers on HealthStream products and solutions at Get Answers. If you are a member of a private community or communities (for example, a community associated with your institution, you can go to https://communities.healthstream.com/places?filterID=following to see a list of the communities you have access to. In addition, you can always click the magnifying glass in the top right of the global to search for a community.
3. Ask a question/share your knowledge/introduce yourself.
- Find a discussion you're interested in and reply to it. Ask a question or share your knowledge. If you're interested in blogging about instructional design or healthcare staff development, let us know.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me, your friendly community manager, brittneywilson
Look forward to interacting with you!