We're working on it!
What would you like to see in a new admin getting started area?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I'm glad to hear this idea is moving along! Here are suggestions I've copied from another community posting:
- Links to new administrator training options, including training for new authors
- Information about HUGs and SIGs and how to join
- Orientation to the Community, including the Ideas section. (Feel free to encourage everyone to vote for my ideas! )
- HealthStream support contact information (phone, email, URL to enter cases online, Ask A Question sites on the community)
- Basics about the different data import options and how to manage and troubleshoot common issues
- Best practices for granting new and removing old administrators access
- Basic new administrator best practices (regularly review Student Import Results, managing OneSource and CE Center courses, periodically updating regulatory library courses, etc.)
- Listing of all optional features to eventually consider, if not already in use. Examples would be custom support footer, email alerts, student entered learning events, highlights, regional levels, job functions, etc., etc., ETC. Experienced administrators would find this listing useful, too, as there may be items many don't know are available.
When possible, I recommend the admin site include very generic descriptions of the issue and then link to where more details are posted in the online help. This will help make sure that the details are kept current.
My suggestions are based on a resource for individuals who are new to making HealthStream decisions for one or more hospitals. It would be great if less in-depth resources for different levels of administrators were added later.
Great ideas Ann-Marie, I agree also with your pointing out that the resources will vary somewhat for different levels of administrators - multi-hospital vs single site, etc.