46 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2017 10:29 AM by sharakarasic

Introduce Yourself

We'd love to learn more about you - what is your role, institution, career path? What are your challenges and joys?

• Re: Introduce Yourself
          hunter437

Hello!

I've been in my role as Education Supervisor here at Cameron Memorial for about a year now, and I have learned a TON about HealthStream and its HLC, and just working hard to inform best practices and the tools that HealthStream provides to our directors here at the hospital. Its definitely something that has been underutilized for a long time now.

Asmaa Azzam

Im Dr Asmaa azzam

Neonatal consultantant /women's hospital

Rina Verma

Hi,  I am the General Nurse Educator at Hoboken University Medical Center for four years.  The challenges that we face are staff do not enjoy Healthstream, and find it difficult to maneuver, especially the Corporate Compliance detailed modules.  My challenges deal with how the product was initially rolled out, how to ensure staff members are categorized properly, etc,  I just like Bryan find that there are a large number of functionalities in healthstream, but they are underutilized at our institution. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Hi Rina, welcome to the new HealthStream Community! Thanks for sharing your challenges. I hope you get answers to some of your questions here and learn how to maximize the HealthStream Learning Center. What do you think would make taking the courses more enjoyable?

Virginia Fleeger

Hi! 

I am an institution administrator for Providence Medford Medical Center and PMG Clinics.  I have been a HealthStream administrator for 12 years and love it  - even though there are things I find challenging about it.  HealthStream has improved so much over those years!  And,  while I have a lot yet to learn, I still enjoy working with it and learning how to improve or streamline some aspect.  I LOVE that HealthStream has partnered with those of us in the trenches using the tool and will listen to our suggestions to improve the function.  Some of the challenges I face: having so many "other duties as assigned" that I don't get to do as much as I would like with HealthStream - I feel I spend more time putting out fires than being able to be proactive and use many of the cool features available.  My dream job would be to be a HealthStream Administrator only (Not doing 5 other jobs as well ).

Donna White

Hi!

I'm Donna White and I'm the enterprise administrator for the HealthStream Learning Center at UF Health Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL. We are a safety net hospital, as well as a teaching hospital, and we have a level 1 trauma center. I've been an administrator in the HLC for about 3 years (in March) and the enterprise administrator for a little over 2 years. I was a librarian for about 14 years before I got into the corporate training world.

I've been mostly lurking on the new community page for while. I've decided to get more active in both this page and the old one. I know all the HealthStream basics (I think) and now I'm trying to learn the system inside and out.

I really like HealthStream, apart from some of the minor quirks of the system that drive me bonkers. I've been very impressed by how responsive HealthStream is to our input and ideas.I managed to get myself on the list to do usability studies and testing for new features. I love that kind of stuff and I have lots (and lots) of opinions!

One of my biggest challenges is being an enterprise administrator over a hierarchical structure, when one of my facilities is actually a different company with a different HR department, HR system and HR policies. Fun!

Robert Wilson

Hello All, I work at Commonwealth Care Alliance in Boston, MA as the LMS Administrator, I am the Enterprise Admin for our HLC and I oversee our Lippincott portals as well. I have been with CCA for about 2 years, and in this role for a little over a year. Our business model is somewhat unique so I face different yet interesting challenges regularly. I am looking forward to working with this community, just as I did the older one.

Robin Butler

I am a Nurse Manager and Instructor for NRP for my unit.  We are a small unit.  I have in the past scheduled times for skills practice and check off and then entered the students information myself once they have passed the course.  Why cant we do this now?  I do not need to have pre-scheduled classes.  This change has been the most difficult for me.  I do think the testing is an improvement but the data entry is terrible especially for our unit size.

Allison Ricks

Hi Robin,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.  I know transitioning processes can be difficult, especially at first.  There are some ways that you can register students from your own organization after your class instead of using the system to pre-schedule.  If you are connecting from HealthStream to your hospital's learning management system you can reach out to your sales team member to learn about different options that will allow you to register students after the class. If you and your students are all using the NRP's LMS site, you can always register students after the class.

Thanks,

Allison

Abdelfattah Mujahed

Hi, I'm senior registrar neonatologist / member of Saudi NRP since 3 years, I'm going to start my neonatal fellowship program on March,1,2017. happy to join Healthstream community>>

Paul Weaver

Hi! My name is Paul Weaver and I am the Director of Service Excellence for CHI Memorial in Chattanooga & Hixson TN. I perform much leadership and staff development in relation to the Patient Experience and Employee Experience, oversee all the CAHPS and Physician surveys, and oversee the Patient Grievance process for CHI Memorial.

I started at Memorial in 1995 as a CNA while going through Nursing School. I have a BSN in Nursing as well as a BSN in Healthcare Management. I served in the ICU, ED and Cardiac Short Stay Unit before becoming a Nursing Director over 5 units at CHI Memorial. I have served in the role of Director of Service Excellence since 2011, and my passion is creating a culture in which staff can deliver excellent care to patients, and a culture that provides a stellar Patient Experience.

I'm looking forward to the benefits of this community as well as contributing to the community. I hope to make some connections with people in similar roles.

Emily Roy

Hello. My name is Emily Roy and I am one of the Enterprise Administrators with the Elliot Health System.  One of our big pushes lately has been to move all of our in-person classes out of a home grown system and into HealthStream and we are almost there.

Marilyn Robinson

I am a neonatologist and instructor candidate

Sam Sternman

Hi Shara (and fellow Community members),

My name is Sam and I'm the virtual HealthStream Administrator for University HealthCare Alliance (Stanford Health Care) + Pathways Health & Hospice - both in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I'm also an eLearning developer, an instructional designer, and a Certified Emergenetics Associate.  Since 1999, I've been developing online education for the health care industry and, as of this year, I develop exclusively in Storyline 360 (part of the Articulate 360 Application Suite).  Prior to my virtual role, I was the Regional eLearning Manager for the Peninsula Coastal Regional Office of Sutter Health (1997-2015).   I've been involved with HealthStream for over a decade, so if you need help planning your next curriculum roll out, have questions about Storyline development, or would like to learn about the virtual services I offer as a means of backfilling a HealthStream Administrator role or going virtual, please feel free to contact me.   Cheers to all from Central Florida (Disneyworld area) - Sam

Mark Matson

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I am the enterprise Healthstream administrator for Hackensack Meridian Health in New Jersey. I have been in this role for just over a year now. I am a nurse by trade, having worked in both hospital and long term care settings as a staff nurse and nurse educator prior to my current role. I am Nationally Certified in Medical Surgical Nursing and have my Masters in Nursing Education from Monmouth University. I was selected for this role due to my advanced nursing degree and the desire to have an enterprise administrator who has a nursing background with technology experience.

Lanette Dykstra

Hi!!

My name is Lanette and I am the Education Coordinator at Hegg Memorial Health Center in Iowa.  I have been in this role very part-time (along with case management/utilization review and informatics) since October 2016 and am the main administrator.  My job role covers all direct patient care staff (PCT, RN, LPN, etc) throughout the facility.  As I am immersing myself into Healthstream more I am learning that our facility is not using Healthstream to it's maximum potential!  Because of this I have been doing a lot of time digging and researching and learning about everything that Healthstream has to offer.  It's been very slow baby steps, but we are making progress!  I am hoping to make my current role a full-time position as I am taking over education for the entire facility.

Hi Lanette, you're in the right place to learn more about what HealthStream has to offer! :-)

Donna White

Lanette,

The more I learn about HealthStream, the more I realize we're not using it to its full potential, either. We're working on improving and generally streamlining many of our processes--we've definitely been doing some things the hard way. I also like to come up with work-arounds for things the system doesn't do easily yet (Idea time!).

I'm trying to both share my knowledge and pick other people's brains at the same time. Please feel free to share any improvements you're making as you go along. Someone here might have an alternative suggestion or your solution might be just what we need!

Welcome to the community!

Santi Dell'Agli

Hello!

My name is Santi Dell'Agli and I am the Education Consultant/HealthStream Administrator at the Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut. While I have only been in my role at Waterbury Hospital for about 5 months now, I previously worked in an instructional design/LMS administrator role.

Happy to meet you all on this new HealthStream Community site!

Karen Ianacone

Hello all,

I am a fairly new HealthStream administrator and am pretty much entirely self-taught. As a result I appreciate any hints and tips I can get from my more experienced peers. I like the format of this new Community site, it appears very user-friendly.

I look forward to learning from all of you!

Karen Ianacone, RNC-OB, MA, MSN, IBCLC

Clinical Nurse Educator-Central

Eastern CT Health Network

Manchester, CT

Susan OBrien

Hi Everyone.  I am currently working as a HealthStream Administrator for Saint Mary's Hospital in Connecticut which was recently acquired by Trinity Health.  I have been actively working for the past few months on the transition from our "old" standalone HealthStream system to the new Trinity Health New England enterprise system.  It has been a wonderful learning experience for me.  We had lots of help from our implementation team at HealthStream and from the Trinity system office.  We are also simultaneously managing our EPIC transition in HealthStream at the same time....Looking forward to a vacation soon!

Ami Andrews

Hello all: 

My name is Ami Andrews and I'm working as a HealthStream administrator and Training Coordinator at Kaiser Permanente Modesto (covering two hospitals and multiple clinics). We are an enterprise account so there are multiple layers for approval and structure. I was brand new to HealthStream and started as an administrator and a student in 2012.  It was an adventure having never worked as an LMS administrator before.  It was also a new department, so in addition to the new software to learn, I learned how to navigate the Education world and how to work with the unique group Clinical Educators.  I was thrilled to go on the adventure as I love technology and IMHO can easily adapt to emerging or "new to me" technology. Our biggest issue is data, specifically the employee data. The way our organization structured our accounts and nodes has caused many downstream negative consequences that are out of our control which are reflected in our reporting.  Another pain point is HS reporting, like their limitations or how persnickety the reports can be (for my internal customers). That said, there have been great improvements with the reports.  Joys? Since taking a Captivate class, I'm excited to play with the software's features with more confidence, instead of just the basic conversion of the educator's PowerPoint to a SCORM file.  We have many types of learning mediums, but that is an area where I am excited to grow and help improve our learning experience for the end user.

Anthony Nyamu

My name is Tony Nyamu and I'm working as a Technical Application Administrator at North Kansas City Hospital in Missouri supporting HealthStream.  I was brand new to HealthStream and started as an administrator and student in April 2015 after our Implementation.  Our biggest pain point in HealthStream is Reporting, Analytic Reports is a huge frustration, countless times have I build a report the system times out when saving and I have to rebuild from scratch. The other issue is that the fact that Enterprise Administrators have no ability to performing audit trails which would really beneficial for troubleshooting issues more effective and in a timely fashion.

Marilyn Robinson

I am Marilyn Robinson, a neonatologist trying to become an instructor. I have completed the learning class and I have a mentor. I have completed 1 class. 

My issue is that I purchased my material personally and then had to be linked to the West Tennessee Hospital.  Sonia Swift is my local mentor. My clinical mentor is Josie Go, MD., medical directory here.

I have spent hours trying to navigate the website.  This should not be difficult.  I now can't access the toolkit that I paid for.  I am frustrated and tired of this waste of time.

I need to be able to use the toolkit to easily make up scenarios for the mock classes that Dr. Go and I are planning.  Please give me a simple access that is consistent.  The education should be the goal, not how to access the computer class.

Marilyn Robinson

Assistant Professor of Pediatrics

Neonatology

Vanderbilt

West Tennessee Health Care- Jackson Madison Hospital

Sent from my iPad

Hi Tony, glad to have you here, we'd love to hear your feedback on how to improve reporting.

LIAN LUMBA

Hi Lian <lee-ann> from Kaiser Downey. NRP instructor/HLC Administrator for our medical center. =)